Thursday, October 25, 2012

Holiday!


I awoke one day with a start
Maybe something was wrong with my heart?
But what is this I see
Fighting hard to overcome my urge to pee..

My mind told me it is a thing called the sun
People talked about it, I figured it was a pun!
They had urged me to try and have this thing called "fun"
Now that my deadline was done

I noticed something on my phone
When I clicked it, a voice started to drone
You have a flight in 3 hours, it said
You'd better be there, or you'll be dead

For it's time to meet people you once knew,
Before for this deadline, before you bid the world adeiu,
In a land far away your family awaits,
Far, yet in these united states :P

So get used to that spherical shape in the sky, that odd shade of red,
And on that note, get out of bed!
Of night-time knowledge you may be a fount,
And even look like Dracula, but you're not yet a count

Go on, go to York born anew,
Holidays like these, you get only a few
Another time, you may belong to the night
But thankfully, those days are not yet in sight

So I shut the phone and stare,
And wonder what to wear,
Surprisingly the laundry is done,
Past me, thanks a ton!

It's time to get ready and look smart,
For the ones close to my heart
There's a new one I get to meet
And she looks oh so sweet!

But since gifts I have none,
I must get there early, I must run!
Beg forgiveness from the queen all of four,
For she shall surely throw me out the door

So I'm leaving on a jet plane,
Sadly I know exactly when I'll be back again
I just hope it doesn't start to rain,
Cause getting home dry will be a pain,

Now I'll end cause this poem's becoming a drag,
And I have yet to pack my bag,
So to all, a good day, I'll see you soon,
Seems like I can write a funny poem, I might even try a toon!

-- Me

No comments: