Thursday, December 27, 2012

Untitled...


I've been in this world, for many long years
Put in my blood, sweat, and tears
Even had a couple of beers
I've taken leaps, and faced many fears
Have loved and lost, and suffered a few jeers
I've certainly lived, for many long years

'Tis true my friends, I've come a long way
Heard a few interesting things, and found a lot more to say
I may stop and rest some time, alas, 'tis not today
That day will come, when beneath the heavens I lay
Yet one, a few, the world, may remember me, for that I pray
I ask not for the sun, just a ray

But new little faces look back at me
In their eyes, their gap toothed smiles, I see
That innocence, that wide eyed boy I used to be
But I'm yet that boy, playing on the shores of a deep blue sea
Scared of the waves, but not enough to flee
There's more to suffer and learn, so to life I exclaim, Mais Oui!

-- Me


(Needs a little polish, and a title, but that never stopped me before :) )

No comments: